Last year, I started using Audible to listen to books on my commute to and from work. My 13 year old says I’m cheating but it’s the only time I really have to “read” and I’ve been loving it. I hand wrote a list of the books I read last year but this year, I thought I’d type it up here to save. It seems as though I’ve consistently made it through one and a half books a month for the past two years. I’d like to try to read/listen to 24 in 2017. I’d love suggestions for new books to read so please comment with any suggestions!
Here’s a picture of the list from last year:
And here’s the list of books from 2016 in no particular order:
- Malestrom – Carolyn Custis James
- StrengthsFinders 2.0 – Tom Rath
- Freakonomics – Steven Levitt, Stephen Dubner
- Wild – Cheryl Strayed (this was a recommendation from a friend that I really enjoyed)
- The Bad Beginning from The Series of Unfortunate Events – Lemony Snicket (my 13 year old wanted me to read this so she could talk to me about it so I listened to it but of course, she mocked the listening)
- Jesus Feminist – Sarah Bessey
- The Truest Thing about You – David Lomas
- The Tipping Point – Malcolm Gladwell
- Rising Strong – Brene Brown
- Searching for Sunday – Rachel Held Evans
- The Upside of Stress – Kelly McGonigal
- Present Over Perfect – Shauna Niequest
- Onward – Russel Moore
- Hillbilly Elegy – JD Vance
- The Emotionally Healthy Leader – Peter Scazzero
- The Broken Way – Ann Voskamp
- Courageous Leadership – Bill Hybels
- Out of Sorts – Sarah Bessey
Quiet is a great audiobook that fits in with the books you listened to last year. I love audiobooks, I do a mix of audio, ebooks and physical books but I agree that audio is the easiest when busy. For something funny I really enjoyed Talking as Fast as I Can or Scrappy Little Nobody.
Thanks! I listened to Quiet and loved that so definitely right up my alley! My 13 year old has Talking as Fast as I Can (we are huge Gilmore Girls fans) so I’ll have to borrow it from her and will have to look into Scrappy Little Nobody.
LikeLiked by 1 person